Saturday, June 26, 2010

RESPONSE TO FORSYTH NEWS ARTICLE

STATEMENT FROM PETE


From day one, my campaign has been focused on the issues that matter to our community. Right now, our citizens deserve to hear solutions aimed at helping our economy recover, alleviating traffic congestion, protecting our quality of life and ensuring an adequate water supply. While my campaign has been focused on the issues, my opponent and his supporters have focused their campaign on allegations, political spin and the rejection of truth.

Political spin and gutter politics are not the answer to the problems plaguing our community. Our citizens deserve more: they deserve action and they deserve real solutions. They deserve better.

Recently, some of my opponent's supporters alleged that I improperly filed financial disclosure statements. As someone who is not a career politician, I may have not reported everything correctly. My opponents will argue I did this with malice--which is simply not true. I have contacted the State Ethics Commission and local voter registration office to make them aware that I have filed amended disclosure statements. I accept responsibility for the possible oversight and blame no one but myself. My campaign is grounded in the belief that transparency leads to a healthy democracy.

My opponent and his supporters are using this minor reporting error to distract you from the issues of this election. I am confident voters will see through this political ploy and will reject this attempt to discredit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment