Saturday, June 12, 2010

Campain Kick Off a Great Success

CUMMING – With just over one month remaining before the July 20th primary election, about 200 highly energized and motivated supporters rallied Thursday in support of Pete Amos, Republican candidate for the District 1 post on the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners

Speaking in the parking lot below Good Ol’ Days restaurant, in the heart of Cumming, Mayor Ford Gravitt introduced Pete and challenged the crowd to do more than just vote for Pete, but to go out and actively work on behalf of the University of Georgia graduate who has pledged to end the out-of-control spending and fiscal mismanagement of county government.

“Pete is a business owner who knows how to balance a budget and how to meet a payroll,” Gravitt said. “County government is $900 million in debt. We need Pete in there because he knows that when you don’t have money, you don’t spend it.”

Pete reminded his supporters that this could be a close election and that every vote would count. “I’ve lived here my whole life. I love this district and I love this county and I want to stand up for it,” he said. “But I can’t do it without your help. Will you help me?”

Supporters responded with a resounding, “Yes.” More than 30 of them signed up to publicly endorse Pete and others scheduled Meet-and-Greet events in their homes.

“It’s humbling to see so many people come out support you and be willing to roll up their sleeves and go to work for you,” Pete said. “Catherine and I have been very blessed to have a wonderful family and so many good friends. I’m ready to go to work and make a positive difference in their lives. “

No comments:

Post a Comment